The Outreach ministries of our church seeks to be in partnership with YOU, the volunteer, and local organizations for the ambitious goal of improving the lives of people less fortunate while raising awareness to the systemic problems that surround us. If you are interested in making a difference you can…
1. Donate needed items or canned food to one of our partnering organizations: Clothes for Kids, St. Pete Free Clinic, or CASA
2. Participate in hands-on outreach opportunities by:
- Building affordable housing with Habitat for Humanity
- Preparing or serving meals for the families of Ronald McDonald House and CASA
- Reading with at-risk children at CASA
3. Go on a weeklong mission trip. Our church provides mission trip opportunities for school aged youth, young adults and older adults. This past October we went to Arecibo, Puerto Rico, to rebuild and renovate homes of families living in poverty that were directly hit by Hurricane Maria.
4. Participate with our task force for environmental justice, Save Our Beaches (S.O.B) and help promote earth-friendly straws, containers and wares.
Outreach Ministry is sponsoring the following organizations. Please drop donations in the barrels in Fellowship Hall.
- The Food Pantry at Good Samaritan Church: nonperishable food
- St. Pete Free Clinic: toiletries
- Clothes To Kids: NEW underwear (especially boxer briefs and bikinis) and socks, new or gently-used kids’ clothing sizes 4-16, and shoes child size 9 to adult
Tutoring Angels: An Outreach Program of Pass-A-Grille Beach Community Church
Tutoring Angels seeks church members who love children, value education and want to make a difference by serving as after school tutors for children in grades K thru 8 in South St. Petersburg. We are currently recruiting tutors for Fall of 2022.The program asks for a minimum commitment of one hour a week for the 14-week fall semester beginning the week of September 26.
Become a Tutoring Angel and volunteer with us at the M.A.S.T.R Kids after-school program at Missionary Baptist Church and John Hopkins Middle School. The program meets Monday – Thursday (4:00 – 6:00) and seeks tutors to enrich the lives of children whose reading and academic success are at risk. Volunteers may come once a week or several days each week. Available days and times for tutors are Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesday from 4-5, 5-6 or 4-6PM. Individual tutors’ schedules are flexible, and are arranged individually based on the tutors’ skills and the program’s needs.
Our partners in this ministry are the Shirley Proctor Puller Foundation (SPPF) and the M.A.S.T.R. Kids Program, an evidenced-based and outcomes driven math-art-science-technology-reading program designed to advance literacy and address the needs of students in South St. Pete. To sign up, or for more information, contact Vivian Fueyo at email@example.com or the church office.
Adult Mission Retreat 2022
Western KY ~ September 11 – 17
On December 10, 2021, an F4 tornado moved across Western Kentucky, causing extreme damage to five small towns. In partnership with the United Church of Christ, we will send a team of adults there to help restore homes and lives, while also having daily reflection sessions and the opportunity for socializing. In addition to construction work, we will have duties at community centers, food and clothing pantries, and faith-based agencies. An informational meeting will be held Sunday, March 20 after the 10AM service. Come learn about this unique and rewarding opportunity to put your faith into action.
For more information contact the church office or email pastor Guillermo at firstname.lastname@example.org