The Outreach ministries of our church seeks to be in partnership with YOU, the volunteer, and local organizations for the ambitious goal of improving the lives of people less fortunate while raising awareness to the systemic problems that surround us. If you are interested in making a difference you can…
1. Donate needed items or canned food to one of our partnering organizations: Clothes for Kids, St. Pete Free Clinic, or CASA
2. Participate in hands-on outreach opportunities by:
- Building affordable housing with Habitat for Humanity
- Preparing or serving meals for the families of Ronald McDonald House and CASA
- Reading with at-risk children at CASA
3. Go on a weeklong mission trip. Our church provides mission trip opportunities for school aged youth, young adults and older adults. This past October we went to Arecibo, Puerto Rico, to rebuild and renovate homes of families living in poverty that were directly hit by Hurricane Maria.
4. Participate with our task force for environmental justice, Save Our Beaches (S.O.B) and help promote earth-friendly straws, containers and wares.
Outreach Ministry is sponsoring the following organizations. Please drop donations in the barrels in Fellowship Hall.
- The Food Pantry at Good Samaritan Church: nonperishable food
- St. Pete Free Clinic: toiletries
- Clothes To Kids: NEW underwear (especially boxer briefs and bikinis) and socks, new or gently-used kids’ clothing sizes 4-16, and shoes child size 9 to adult
For more information contact the church office or email pastor Guillermo at firstname.lastname@example.org