TRY THE LOVE IN ACTION CHALLENGE!
1. Pray Faithfully
Try praying with your family each day this week. Here are a few fun ideas:
- ABC Prayer: take turns with each member of the family to pray for something that starts with each letter of the alphabet
- Paper Airplane Prayer: write a prayer on a piece of paper, share it, then turn it into an airplane. Then throw the airplanes, of course!
- Candle Prayer: light a candle for each person praying. When finished, let the kids blow out the candles.
- Nature Prayer: go outside and use all your senses. Offer prayers for what you feel, see, and hear.
- Colors Prayer: each person picks a color and prays for things of that color. Great for prayers of thanks!
- Back to School Prayers
2. Be Joyful in Hope
Spread hope by cutting out paper hearts and putting them on your windows for others to see. Easy!
3. Share with God's People in Need
Decide on how you might help others. Ideas: food donations, clothing donations, reaching out to someone who might be lonely, helping a neighbor. Whatever you do, do it with a joyful heart.
4. Keep Your Faith Alive
Try this fun dance along to get on your feet and dancing as a family. The lyrics are great, and the dance moves are fun.
5. Live in Harmony with One Another
Talk about how you can treat those you live with and close to as you'd like to be treated. Then try to do some extra nice things during the week for the ones you love...leave a note, give an extra hug, share the love!
6. Be in Harmony with All
Create an image of peace. Try making a peace sign in nature or coloring a peace picture. Any image of peace will do!